Nikken Advanced Mini Mini Chuck
The Advanced Mini-Mini Chuck is simply the most effective product for reduced diameter machining or components and applications where confined access or tight spaces can prove problematic.
Designed as a mechanical alternative to both hydraulic and shrink-fit products it features an 8 degree collet and no external nut.
This allows the chuck to be not only extremely compact but also provide gripping capabilities and performance characteristics surpassing those of the competitors.
The Mini-Mini is a balanced system offering superior performance and accuracy at up to 30,000rpm (G2.5).
Three sizes are available:
- MMC4 = Outside Diameter 15mm
- MMC8 = Outside Diameter 20mm
- MMC12 = Outside Diameter 30mm
The collet, because the design features no external nut, is actually drawn from the rear using a 90 degree bevel gear system which allows tightening from the side of the holder.
The Mini-Mini incorporates Nikken's exclusive TiN Bearing technology. Our TiN Bearing technology is more efficient allowing improved tightening and accuracy thus delivering better all-round performance than similar competitor products adopting a complicated ball bearing nut design. The main benefits are:
- Improved 'sliding effect' lowers friction due to surface hardness of the TiN bearing (HV2,200).
- Reduced internal corrosion for longer life and improved cutting performance - the uncomplicated design allows better balance improving surface finish and run-out accuracy.
- Better contact between nut and collet results in less vibration and therefore improved accuracy and performance.